Wednesday 5 May 2021

CHALLENGE: Freewriting

For May, including Mental Health Awareness Week, CALM is taking over 64 Million Artists' weekly challenges. To start things off we have a free writing challenge; set a timer for two minutes and write.

I have never done anything like this before and, I'm afraid, the result of me rambling for 2 minutes wasn't very exciting at all. I think the main thing I discovered is that 2 minutes isn't very long! But here it is, my unedited two minutes of just writing:

This is my first attempt at freewriting and my brain is a little like a pinball machine so this could go anywhere or nowhere. I think I’ve set an alarm for two minutes to know when to stop writing but I just had yet another argument with Alexa so I definitely have a timer set for 10 minutes and probably one set for 2 minutes as well. If there’s only the 10 minute one then this could be a long meandering ramble. I have no idea how many words I could write in 10 minutes. I have…

And that was it. Time up!

No comments:

Post a Comment