Thursday 4 February 2021

Surrealist Time Capsule

Dear Diary,

I finally returned home today. Bumped into Renée who made sure I knew it had been three months since I left. But she also said she'd missed me, which was cute - she's a sweet rhino at heart. 

I got back quite late but a few of my other neighbours were still out and about too. They all seemed pleased to see me back (except Julian who was his usual random self, but that's unicorns for you) and I'm not surprised looking at the lack of work that had been done around the place while I was gone. I'm guessing nobody bothered checking in on my house as I've returned to a cockroach infestation. And none of them have done any weeding while I was gone so that's something for me to look forward to. 

Still, I couldn't get too annoyed about the mess as the place looked so pretty in spite of the weeds - it had been snowing! So I decided to leave all the clearing up until tomorrow and build a snowman. Cheeky sod kept complaining about not being perfect even after all the effort I'd gone to in creating him!

I planted a new money tree. The ones I planted before I left are now fully grown so that's a nice injection of cash when I need it. That'll probably be sooner rather than later as I made the mistake of popping into Resident Services. No, "Hi! How are you?" from Mr Nook, he just immediately tried to sell me storage options. I haven't committed to anything yet but I'm sure he'll convince me to part with my money soon, he has a knack for that. But thoughts of home improvements can wait until the morning.

This blog post was created for a What the February challenge and is inspired by Animal Crossing New Horizons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment